Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kehlani talks about YG's betrayal in new song “You Know Wassup”


Kehlani didn't contain himself.

When an artist releases a song exclusively on SoundCloud - especially when it's an R&B artist - it's usually because they had some things needed to get them off their chest urgently. This seems to be the case with "You Know Wasupp", which Kehlani released this week.
Kehlani and YG's burgeoning relationship had many supporters, but shortly after they released their romance, things went wrong. A few weeks ago, YG was spotted kissing another woman outside a Los Angeles nightclub. A representative of the Compton rapper issued a statement explaining that "he was drunk, excited and very unfortunate to get in this situation and hurt Kehlani."
Although it seemed that this incident would separate the couple a week later, YG commented “My” on Kehlani's selfie on Instagram , leading people to believe they could have dusted their infidelity under the rug. Kehlani's new song seems to confirm that. She makes several references to her boyfriend and expresses her desire to be by his side. The vulnerable rhymes below are almost undeniably about the rapper.
“And I'll still tell the world that I'm in love with you
Because I'm not ashamed to have
your name tattooed on my wrist
Anything has its problems, you know who to call
Because I'm still with all the actions and everything
You're still It's my love, you're still my heart, this is still my date
I still want to be Mrs. Jackson, I still want to be a co-captain
So don't miss the girl of your dreams
I've waited five years to be on your team
Not just the reference to “Mrs. Jackson ”makes perfect sense given YG's birth name, Keenon Jackson, but the“ five year ”line about him is corroborated by one of Kehlani's previous tweets. When a relationship finally comes together after “five years in the making,” you don't give up so easily.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar