Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Recent NOTD: Louise without Thelma

Essence polishes are ever so slowly becoming more available here. Ulta has had Colour & Go for a while; I noticed some shades were on clearance the last time I was there, so I hope that means we're going to see new ones soon. This past summer they also had the Surfer Babe collection, months after it appeared in Europe. Other than that, though, I have to swap, so swap I do. My latest Essence acquistions are these glitter top coats from the Nail Art Twins line. Each is marketed with a base shade, but I figured I can get a lot of good cremes and shimmers here, so focused on getting the glitters. I was fortunate to connect on MUA with a sweet gal from Switzerland who custom purchased these for me.


Left to right: Louise, Julia (aka Juliet), Clyde, Carrie.


For my mani late last week, I tried Louise. Essence paired her with Thelma (of course), a deep eggplant creme, but I felt like going in a slightly different direction and used Barry M Bright Purple as my base color. (Bright Purple made an appearance in my blog fairly early on, I realized when I started writing this entry.)



The darker glitter in Louise almost matches the Barry M, so the look it a bit more subtle than it would have been over deep plum, if a multi-colored multi-shaped glitter can be said to be subtle at all.





This look delighted me quite a bit, especially when the sun would hit the glitter in Louise and really light it up.

There's one more Nail Art Twins glitter I'm stalking: Victory, which I've been told is a German exclusive. Silly Essence; they could have so much more of my money if they'd just send boxes of stuff over here to me directly.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar