Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

2013 - The Year in Review

So 2013 has come and gone.  I thought that 2012 was a good year, but 2013 has blown it out of the water!  I believe that the amount of money that I spent more than doubled compared to last year.  That has certainly given me some pause.  I was trying to search for a theme in my purchases, and there doesn't really appear to be one.  Certainly, I could argue that this year was the year of the Masterpiece figure, as I managed to get Soundwave, his cassettes, Tigertrack, the Datsun brothers, and Acid Storm.  I could also call this the year of the gestalt with my additions of Anime Devastator, Abominus and Monstructor (reviews on him to start January 13th, 2014!).  I guess the theme to the year would be that there isn't a theme.

I'm very proud of what I've accomplished with my collection, but I'm more proud of what I've accomplished with the blog.  At the start of the year, I averaged maybe 600 visitors a month, and thanks to my presence on Facebook, and my membership in a few groups there, I've managed to get up around 2,500 visitors a month.  It's a mere pittance compared to the big guys, but I'm extremely pleased.  I think that by posting an addition to the collection once a week, I've created some stability.

In the last quarter of this year, I got a little crazy and decided to try for a second posting each week.  I'm enjoying these, even with the navel-gazing and I think I've almost found my groove as far as writing style goes.  Look for those to continue until I get hit by a really bad case of writers block.

I've also discovered a few new blogs this year.  There's the Angry Canadian Decepticon Blog, which is always a fun read, and then there's The Gassy Autobot,  which is hilarious.  If you haven't stopped by to check these out, I highly suggest that you do.

Anyway, that's enough of that.  Let's take a look at my group shots for the year!  If you notice anyone that hasn't had a review, don't worry, they're coming.  Also, sorry for the bad shots.  My new light tent and better lighting system will be here soon.  I hope.

Decepticon Group Shot 1
Decepticon Group Shot 2
Generations Autobots.  Scamper is representing Metroplex
Generation 1 Autobots
Masterpiece, Alernity and Encore.  Cerebros represents Fort Max

I'd like to thank everyone that has stopped by the to read the silly little posts that I do.  I'd also like to thank those who have helped me along the way, whether they read the blog or not, and whether they know it or not.  2013 has been a great year, and I can only hope that 2014 is even better!  See you next year!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar